Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Everyday Struggle with Technology.

Being in my generation, it’s the standard that an average person like me is supposed to be a wiz at computers, or at least decently talented at getting the computer to function.
Well… I am not your average person.
 The following depicts my everyday struggle with technology.
I open up the computer... Well... I attempt to.
What usually happens is that I press the power button, then when the computer doesn’t start working in a decent amount of time, my rather short patience level takes over. This leads me to clicking the button a million times per second… Then, the computer proceeds to shut down, and refuses to start up for 15 minutes.
And that’s just the beginning.
This is the first in a series of “technical difficulties” that cause me outrage, grief and anger… It’s not unusual for me to try to pitch the laptop across the room, which is mainly the point when my senses come back.
I don't deserve a laptop.  There are plenty of people who are more technologally apt than I am.
No matter how hard I try, I still cannot figure out how to get to my blog to my dashboard. It’s unnerving when I watch other, more technologically able people maneuver their way around a computer. Sure, I can type… somewhat, but I am lacking in the comprehension area of technology.
            Apparently I have used up 99 GB of storage on my laptop. I don’t even understand how that works.  I deleted a ton of videos, and it barely even made a dent!  Maybe there is some sort of evil creature living inside the hard drive. Surely that is the answer. It cannot be my own load of crap that is the source of that problem.  No. There’s  no way.
            Hm… I should probably stop lying to myself…

No comments:

Post a Comment